01 October 2008

September Obsessions

Here are just a few of the things I could not get enough of this past September.
Get obsessed:

Planters Heat Peanuts


If it weren't for that gas station right next to LAX with its not-so-extensive snack selections, we would never have found this little bag of delight. We call them Cacahuetes (which actually just means peanuts in Spanish) but if you eat these babies handfulls at a time, I guaratee the rush (or heart palpitations) you'll experience will have you hooked.




Harmour Love
, Syreeta

I recently discovered the movie Junebug (2005), and when this little ditty began to play during the opening credits I had to pause it and run to my computer to open itunes and find out what on earth that adorable song was! Turned out it wasn't something new at all, but rather a song written by Stevie Wonder and his wife at the time, Syreeta Wright, a popular R&B vocalist of the 1970s.
Give it a listen, it's really cute and catchy. This was definitely my song of the month.

http://fidlet.com/audio/harmour_love.mp3



Coors Light



Some people call it water with a little bit of beer flavoring. I call it a delicious alcoholic beverage and the giver of headache-free hangovers. However, if you're a guy, I'd suggest acquiring a taste for something a little darker, so your buddies won't mock you. Cheers!






The Book of James


I have been opening my Bible up to the epistle of St. James lately and have really liked what I've found there. I love the encouragement of active love and purity rather than superfluous outward ceremonies, as well as the exaltation of the poor.
Listen, my beloved brothers. Did not God choose those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that He promised to those who love Him?





No comments: